Sunday, September 2, 2018

Eyes are sometimes slowly opened to the strength and depth of the grace and love of the eternal God. In my short life, although He spent years opening my eyes, I have seen people thrice my age who know a lot, but do not know HIM. To know God is to love Him. It is inconceivable to me that a human being can really open themselves up and get to know God without their heart totally turning towards him in gratefulness, appreciation and love.

All who truly love know God, but until one meets God Himself, it is impossible to truly understand what real love is.

I was once an ignorant fool, wise in the ways of “love and romance”, writing poetry that touched hearts far away. But then I met God, and learned of a love far beyond any that could ever be expressed by pen or mere words. And this love, which I now know well, has nothing at all to do with anything I could ever or have ever said or done, but is totally without drawback or condition.

I have now learned to love this way too, as it rubs off on me. This, in some ways, has been to my detriment. Although it automatically opens doors to share what God shared with me, it also opens doors for others to want to love me as I love (which is simply God’s love).

The difficulty in this is directing their love to others and letting them see God and not me, so that they too could truly share and enjoy God’s love.

Whatever the case, I am eternally grateful to God.

#loveofGod
#Truelove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your opinion :)