Sunday, September 23, 2018

I have been reviewing an old journal I kept when I was young. The entries I came across today remind me of who God is and how faithful He is when we trust Him and praise Him even in our ailments. I hope this encourages you today as it has me.

These two entries were when I was going through a particularly painful illness. I started praising God and... well the same-day results are recorded here:

11/9/1999
Praise the God of triumph forever, who triumphs over all His enemies; both small and great! Thank You, oh God my refuge, for counting me worthy of the test.
Though my head feels split like an ax, though cold chills disturb my comfort, though my stomach ales me, I will not stop praising my God; who has been merciful and kind to me and who washed my dirty garments whiter than snow with His holiness so that I could stand before the throne of God Almighty without fear or trepidation - by His holiness and not mine!
Amen and amen! So it is; so it always will be.

11/9/1999
Praise You, oh God my Healer and Protector. When I had no strength, You gave me strength. My joy is steadfast in You, who is bigger than the situation and greater than the circumstances.
Praise You, oh God who has healed my woes and taken my sickness. Thank You, oh God, for Your mercy; that I may even glorify You in my sickness and weakness! For You, oh God, are my strength. And You are my hope when I am troubled. I put my trust NOT in how I feel, but in Christ, my solid Rock!
Amen and amen. So it is; so it always will be.
#GodHeals
#PraiseGod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your opinion :)